What are thread lifts used for?
We offer thread lift procedures at our Brisbane clinic to address the following concerns:
- Facial skin sagging
- Drooping eyebrows
- Loss of tissue volume
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Under-eye bags
- Neck or decollate concerns
- Patients who have previously undergone a face of neck lift
- Sagging of body skin
Thread lift procedure
Thread lifting is an in-clinic procedure. It is performed under local anaesthetic and takes about 30 – 60 minutes to complete. Depending on the treatment area, multiple threads are introduced with a needle or a blunt-ended thin tube which is removed once the threads have been positioned.
The cost of thread lift
The cost of the treatment will depend on several important factors. This includes the patient’s skin condition and the number and type of threads used. Other factors that can affect the cost include the fees of the practitioner and facility. In some cases, a thread lift can be combined with other procedures which can add up to the cost.
Before you go home, Inigo Cosmetic will provide you with specific aftercare instructions. These include the following:
- Avoid heavy lifting and contact sports for a week
- Avoid saunas and hot tubs
- Avoid eating foods that are hard to chew
- Avoid showering or cleaning the treated area for 12 hours.
- Avoid swimming
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 48 hours
- Do not massage the area
- Do not rub your face vigorously
- Support your head with pillows to avoid rolling onto your face while sleeping
- Apply ice packs on the treated area for a few minutes.
For recovery, risks & complications relating to injectables please visit here.
How long do results from a thread lift last?
The results are usually visible immediately after the procedure, but may take six-weeks-to-six-months for the skin to produce its own natural collagen. The results may also vary on the patient’s health, skincare routine, and lifestyle. The longevity of the results will depend on the technique and type of thread used. In general, it can last three-to-five-years.
Scarring from a thread lift
There is minimal bruising and usually no scarring.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Dr Amie our cosmetic physician will conduct a detailed assessment during your consultation in our Brisbane clinic. This will allow the creation of a customised treatment plan specific to your needs.
In general, you may be a good candidate for a thread lift if:
- You are 35 to 55 years old
- You have realistic expectations
- You have a good skin tone
- You have mild-to-moderate skin sagging
- You have good physical and mental health
- You are willing to follow aftercare instructions
- You prefer a non-surgical alternative to surgery
- You don’t have bleeding or clotting disorders.
To ensure optimal results and lower the risk of complications, you should:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Avoid stressful situations
- Avoid taking medications or supplements that can cause bruising or bleeding.
Risks and complications following thread lifts may include the following:
- Facial nerve trauma
- Foreign body reaction
- Needle hematoma (collection of blood outside of a blood vessel)
- Poor results
- Thread breakage or migration
- Threads may become visible
Please request a copy of our thread lift information sheet and consent for more information.
While the threads are in place, the aim is to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing response, Usually this is activated when the body senses a foreign body, like the threads. As a result, the skin usually boosts the production of collagen and elastin around the threads. These two proteins can help maintain the skin’s tone, firmness and elasticity.
One of the biggest advantages of a thread lift over facelift surgery is in the recovery time as the thread lift is performed under local anaesthetic. This makes thread lift an ideal consideration for patients who have busy lifestyles. Since a thread lift is non-surgical procedure, it has a lower risk of complications than surgical procedures like a face lift.
As the threads boost collagen and elastin production, the results will start to improve gradually as the skin absorbs the original threads naturally after about six months. Once the threads have dissolved, the results will generally remain for up to two years. It is important to keep in mind that the results may vary from patient to patient. This will depend on several factors, such as age, skin condition, skincare regimen, and lifestyle.
Yes, the effects of the procedure can be reversed. To do this, the threads are readjusted or replaced to produce better results. In some cases, patients may choose to have their threads removed. As a result, sagging of the facial skin and other signs of ageing may gradually reappear.
Exercising immediately after the procedure can lead to injury and swelling. It is recommended to wait about one to three weeks before engaging in strenuous exercise. This gives the skin time to heal and adjust to its new contour. You will need to have approval from your practitioner prior to resuming exercise,