What is HydraFacial
HydraFacial is a medical grade hydradermabrasion device that uses vortex technology to carry out a patented three-part regimen: cleansing, exfoliating, and then infusing the skin with intensive serums to moisturise, brighten, plump and protect. HydraFacial treatment uses nutrients such as hyaluronic acid, chestnut seed extract, red algae extract, copper, zinc, and magnesium peptides to nourish the skin.
Optional booster ingredients allow customisation of the treatment to focus on key priority areas. Gentler than traditional microdermabrasion and targeted towards optimising skin health, HydraFacial is beneficial for a multitude of skin types and concerns.
What Does HydraFacial treat
HydraFacial treatment at Inigo Cosmetic Brisbane is customisable and can treat multiple skin concerns, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of elasticity and firmness
- Skin tone and vibrancy
- Uneven skin texture
- Uneven skin tone
- Oily and congested skin
- Skin lacking vitality
How much does a HydraFacial cost in Brisbane
At Inigo Cosmetic, we customise our treatments for each individual patient. Depending on the quality of your skin, you may require more or less HydraFacial treatments.
To receive a detailed cost breakdown, please get in touch to book a consultation at Inigo Cosmetic in Brisbane.
HydraFacial vs Microdermabrasion
HydraFacial is also called hydradermabrasion, as, like microdermabrasion, both treatments exfoliate the skin. However, HydraFacial treatment is far less abrasive, as microdermabrasion uses tools to scrub off the outer layers of the skin.
HydraFacial treatment is highly effective yet gentle, as it uses water and botanical ingredients to exfoliate, cleanse, and hydrate the skin.
HydraFacial is much more ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin, thanks to its gentler nature.
Possible risks or complications
- Temporary skin irritation, tightness, redness or slight swelling usually resolves within 72 hours, depending on skin sensitivity
- Discomfort, redness and swelling, itching or irritation, skin peeling or flaking – up to 14 days after the procedure
- Hyperpigmentation & acne breakouts
- Reaction to products rarely occur but can include an immediate reaction of swelling and, very rarely, life-threatening anaphylaxis
Recovery time will be minimal or non-existent as side effects such as redness or a slight feeling of tightness are minor and should only persist for about an hour after treatment. After the procedure, you can wash your skin with tepid water and a gentle cleanser.
You might feel some minor discomfort, itching or irritation and may notice slight swelling, peeling, or flaking; however, these symptoms should subside within about 14 days after treatment. Depending on the particular products applied, your skin might feel warm or flushed, so ensure that you avoid strenuous exercise and heat, including saunas and hot showers for 24 hours. Do not scrub, exfoliate, or aggressively massage the treatment area for three days after treatment, and do not use products that contain AHA’s, Vitamin A products, scrubs, or enzymes for five days after treatment. Ensure that you do receive any peel, IPL, laser, or facial treatments that are not prescribed by Inigo Cosmetic clinic for two weeks after you receive HydraFacial.
Additional ways that you can help your skin thrive after HydraFacial treatment are to stay hydrated with two to three litres of water a day and avoid scratching, picking, or peeling your skin.
If you have any further questions or concerns, book in for a consultation today at Inigo Cosmetic Brisbane.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Typically, one treatment a month at our Inigo Cosmetic Brisbane clinic will keep your skin glowing and radiant.
Your individual needs and desired results will determine how often you need to get a HydraFacial. During your consultation, your treatment needs will be assessed so that they can be tailored to your goals
HydraFacial treatment can deliver outstanding, long-lasting results that treat multiple skin types. The deep exfoliation allows your skin to better absorb the nourishing serums, making the treatment more effective than applying the serums alone. The treatment can help overall skin texture, tone and appearance, and has been shown to improve signs of aging in the skin, such as revealing less fine lines and smaller pores than when serums are used alone. The combination of cleansing, exfoliating, and hydrating the skin with vortex technology is what makes the treatment so powerful and effective.
- Attend your appointment with no makeup, lotions, or SPF
- Two weeks prior: avoid excess sun exposure
- Three days prior: no exfoliation, waxing, or hair removal in the treatment area
- Three days prior: if prone to cold sores, take prophylactic medication
- Two days prior: avoid alcohol and stay hydrated
- Six months prior: no Roaccutane therapy
Your skin may appear red and feel flushed or hot depending on the skin condition and products applied.
- Wash skin with tepid water and a gentle cleanser
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat (saunas, hot showers) for 24 hours
- Do not scrub, exfoliate, or aggressively massage the treatment area for three days
- No products containing AHA’s, Vitamin A products, = scrubs, or enzymes for five days
- No peels, IPL, laser, facial treatments not prescribed by the clinic for two weeks
- Don’t pick, scratch, or peel the skin
- Eat a healthy diet and hydrate with two to three litres of water
Generally, HydraFacial is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, as it is a gentle and non-abrasive treatment. Like with many skin treatments, there may be some exceptions – if you have an active skin infection, sunburn, or rosacea, you will need to consult with our clinic to determine if HydraFacial treatment is right for you. If you have any questions or concerns, we recommend booking a consultation with us now at Inigo Cosmetic in Brisbane