You will leave looking and feeling refreshed and rejuvenated following your HydraFacial. Results are noticeable after the first treatment and will continue to improve over time. We recommend regular monthly treatments for optimal results. Factors such as home care products, SPF use, smoking, water intake, stress, or illness will affect results and the frequency of treatments required. Your dermal therapist will guide you towards the best regime for your skin, both in-clinic and at home, ensuring you gain the greatest benefit from each treatment.
What to expect
The procedure will take from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the condition being treated. The skin will be cleansed and then exfoliated with a mix of salicylic and glycolic acids to break down any dirt and oil that may be clogging the pores. The handpiece will then vacuum out blackheads, dirt, oil and impurities while simultaneously applying hydrating, plumping, and nourishing serums.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Temporary skin irritation, tightness, redness or slight swelling which usually resolves within 72 hours, depending on skin sensitivity
- Discomfort, redness and swelling, itching or irritation, skin peeling or flaking – up to 14 days after procedure
- Hyperpigmentation & acne breakouts
- Reaction to products rarely occur, but can include an immediate reaction of swelling and very rarely, life-threatening anaphylaxis
- Attend appointment with no makeup, lotions, or SPF
- 2 weeks prior: avoid excess sun exposure
- 1 week prior: avoid blood-thinning medication – aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil
- 3 days prior: no exfoliation, waxing, or hair removal in the treatment area
- 3 days prior: if prone to cold sores, take prophylactic medication
- 5 days prior: no products containing AHA’s, Vitamin A products, scrubs, or enzymes
- 2 days prior: avoid alcohol and stay hydrated
Your skin may appear red and feel flushed or hot depending on the skin condition and products applied.
- Wash skin with tepid water and a gentle cleanser
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat (saunas, LED, hot showers) for 24 hours
- Do not scrub, exfoliate, or aggressively massage treatment area for three days
- No products containing AHA’s, Vitamin A products, = scrubs, or enzymes for five days
- No peels, IPL, laser, facial treatments not prescribed by the clinic for two weeks
- Don’t pick, scratch, or peel the skin
- Eat a healthy diet and hydrate with two to three litres of water
At Inigo Cosmetic, we customise our treatments to each individual patient. Depending on the quality of your skin, you may require more or less HydraFacial treatments. To receive a detailed cost breakdown, please get in touch to book a consultation at Inigo Cosmetic.