Are you considering dermal lip fillers? Lip fillers in Brisbane have emerged as a highly sought after cosmetic treatment, thanks to their ability to add volume, hydration and definition to the lips. However, like any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to be well-informed before deciding whether or not lip fillers are right for you. In this blog post, we’ll explore everything you need to know about lip fillers, from how they work to pros and cons and what to expect during and after the treatment, ensuring you have the necessary knowledge to make an informed decision.
What are lip fillers and how do lip fillers work?
Lip fillers are a type of dermal filler that is injected into the lips, aiming to make aesthetic adjustments such as increasing the size and shape of the lips, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, increasing hydration, and correcting asymmetry.
What are the pro’s and con’s of lip fillers?
Like any cosmetic procedure, lip fillers come with their own set of potential benefits and drawbacks. Here are some of the most common pros and cons to consider before deciding whether dermal lip fillers are right for you:
- Change in appearance: Lip fillers aim to increase volume, correct asymmetry & create definition
- Minimally invasive: Lip filler treatments typically require very little downtime. Lip filler recovery generally involves simply avoiding strenuous exercise, heat and not lying down for the remainder of the day.
- Flexible results: Since lip fillers are not permanent, they provide flexibility in terms of your appearance. If you’re not satisfied with the results, you can choose not to get them again or adjust the amount of filler used in the future. You also have the option to dissolve your lip fillers.
- Customisable results: Lip fillers can be customised to meet your specific needs and preferences. Our practitioner will work with you and your anatomy to achieve results that complement your facial features.
- Hydration: Lip fillers may increase hydration within the lips
- Potential side effects: Like any cosmetic injectable treatment, lip fillers can cause side effects such as swelling, bruising, or infection. These side effects are typically temporary but can be more severe in rare cases.
- Temporary results: While temporary results can be a pro, it does mean that results can fade faster than you may have expected them to. How long lip filler lasts can vary from patient to patient, depending on how fast a patients metabolises the filler. Lip fillers aim to last between 6-12 months.
- Maintenance: Lip fillers require maintenance treatments to maintain their results. Depending on how long your filler lasts, you may need touch-up treatments every six to 12 months to maintain your desired look.
How to prepare for your lip filler appointment
Prior to your lip filler treatment, it is advised to avoid taking any-blood thinning medications including fish oils (EFAs) for approximately one week prior. These medications can heighten the risk of bleeding and bruising during and after your lip filler appointment. You should also avoid alcohol consumptions for at least 24 hours prior to your treatment, as alcohol can cause dehydrate your skin and increase the risk of bleeding and bruising as well. In the week leading up to your lip filler appointment, it is important to keep hydrated, we recommend drink 2-3 litres of water per day.
When arriving for your lip filler appointment, kindly refrain from wearing any makeup including lipstick and allow sufficient time for the topical numbing cream, if desired, to take effect before the treatment commences. This will help ensure your comfort during the procedure.
What to expect during your lip filler appointment
During your lip filler treatment at Inigo Cosmetic in Brisbane, your appointment will begin by having an in-depth consultation which include your registered nurse or doctor asking you about your concerns and goals, going through the treatment, risks, recovery and complications, financial consent followed by 2D and 3D imaging. Following your consultation, your practitioner will begin by applying a topical numbing cream to your lips to ensure your comfort during the procedure. Subsequently, they will utilise a fine needle to administer the dermal filler into your lips to add volume, shape and definition to attain the desired aesthetic outcome. The entire process typically takes approximately 30-60 minutes.
The amount of dermal filler used will be tailored to suit your individual needs and goals, with most practitioners commencing with a conservative amount and then gradually augmenting the filler as required to achieve the desired results.
Lip filler results
After your lip filler treatment, you may experience some swelling and bruising for the next two weeks. You can reduce swelling by applying ice to your lips for 10-15 minutes at a time.
The results of lip fillers are not permanent and typically last for six to 12 months, depending on the individual. Over time, the body naturally absorbs the dermal filler material, and the lips will gradually return to their natural state. Top-up treatments are required to maintain results.
How much is lip filler in Australia
The cost of lip fillers in Australia can vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of dermal filler needed, the location and the experience of the practitioner. At Inigo Cosmetic in Brisbane, your treatment is highly personalised during a consultation, where you will be able to get a better idea of how much your treatment will cost you.
It’s important to note that the cost of lip fillers should not be the only factor in choosing a practitioner. It’s crucial to choose a qualified and experienced practitioner who priorities effective and natural-looking results. When it comes to cosmetic treatments, you will want to invest in high quality treatments that achieve great results and minimise potential risks.
Why to choose Inigo Cosmetic in Brisbane for your lip fillers
Choosing a good clinic for lip fillers is important for several reasons: Lip filler injections should be performed by a qualified and experienced practitioner, with the right knowledge to perform effective treatments while aiming to prevent complications. Practitioners with an eye for detail and a focus on customisation can create a personalised treatment plan that is tailored to your unique needs and goals, achieving the most natural-looking results.
At Inigo Cosmetic, we prioritise patient comfort and care, fit with a friendly and knowledgeable team who can answer your questions and guide you through a comfortable, supportive treatment process.